Today it has been exactly one month since I got my second apple device iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G 16 GB. First Apple Device was an iPod 5th Generation with 60 GB Space. Till now I am happy with the the iPad. I am not only blown away by the UI and Graphics but also the superior design and intuitiveness. I am definitely proud owner of the most desirable gadget of this time and the last product released by legendary Steve Jobs.
I love the following per-loaded feature in particular
- Safari , one of the best browser on earth.
- Google Maps at its best in iPad 2, made for each other.
- Front camera is super while using Skype.
- iBooks, PDFs looks awesome.
- Works as Picture frame even when locked.
- Facetime Quality .
- Keyboad Splits wonderfully for typing while holding in landscape mode with thumbs
- Push Notification , every news , calendar and Facebook post is right there at the top
Following are the things I did on iPad to suite my needs
- All the apps I usually use for desktop like Dropbox , Google Maps etc
- OPlayer HD lite for streaming movie files from computer using FileZilla FTP server and watching them in TV using a composite cable and adapter . Flex player is an ad free alternative but it can not stream or play in TV
- Bought Stellarium-XL for Sky watching , its like Google sky map plus all feature of the Stellarium desktop version.
- Installed the VPN setting for work, work seamlessly . I still have no solution for VPN in Android
I also bought a smart cover for iPad 2 , which beautifully sticks to the screen and useful as stand while typing and watching movies.