When I started my blog I was supposed to be about technology tips and How Tos . However it has taken many direction from there. One of the reason which motivates me writing posts about everything is that it may work as a diary which can remind me thing which I have learned over the years without really having to be dependent on anybody else. The following is one of the very few dishes I know.
Steps to prepare Khichdi and Mix vegetable Curry
- Take two clips of rice and one cup of yellow Mung Daal and wash them with water few times.
- Keep them in the pressure cooker with four to five cups of water and half spoon of salt.
- Wait till two whistles.
- For Tadka/Chaunk take two spoons of Ghee and one spoon of Jeera/Cumin
- Fry till the smell of cooked Jeera/Cumin comes and add them to cooked rice and mix.
- Chop Tomato , Cauliflower , Onions, Carrot and Potato mix them with Frozen Peas, Corn and Chillies
- Take a pan and add two/three spoons of oil, one spoon of Jeera/Cumin, two spoon of Ginger and Garlic paste and sauté them.
- Sauté onions and green chillies.
- Add all the vegetables except Tomatoes and Capsicums.
- Mix and cover it for two to three minutes.
- Add three/fourth spoon of salt , mix all the vegetables.
- Finally Add tomatoes and capsicum
- Also add Turmeric, Coriander powder and red Chilli powder
- Mix everything and cover it for ten minutes in medium heat.
- Take spatula and try to cut the vegetable with minimum force to check if they are cooked completely
- If it cuts then stop cooking else continue for few more minutes and check again.
- In the end garnish with coriander leaves
That is all for now. More coming in future posts.